Monday, July 2, 2012

Happy Birthday Simon!

My sweet boy at 3 weeks...
And now as a very happy one year old!

Happy 1st birthday to my sweet baby boy Simon! One year ago I didn't think it would be possible to love another child as much as I loved Lewis. How wrong I was! Despite four hospitalizations, two surgeries, and countless trips to doctors, specialists, and physical therapists, you continue to maintain such a sunny and cheerful disposition. You are always so quick to smile and laugh, or give us one of your special hugs. I love how you light up when you see your big brother. I love when you rest your head on my shoulder and give your little "squeaks" of pleasure. We love you so much Simon! You add so much happiness and joy to our family.
 
We had Simon's first birthday party at the park this year and had a "Very Hungry Caterpillar" type theme.  I wish I had more positive things to say about the party, but it seems like we all woke up with a severe case of crankiness that day.  However, I will say that the cake turned out FABULOUS...

Lewis had a great time at the party after his huge tantrum he had right before we left. He kept on going up to all the guests saying..."Invited? Check!" A couple of people brought some small "big brother" gifts for him, and he let out these huge gasps of pleasure when he opened them. :)  He also liked licking all the frosting off of Simon's smash cake, since Simon had absolutely zero interest in it.  

We look forward to the coming year with our beautiful boy.   

 

1 comment:

Sister Tara Bowen said...

Yay for you guys! I can't believe the hospital/health drama you guys have dealt with. I hope the summer has treated you well! I love that you share real things, like freaking out at the doctor's office and being crakny on the day of a birthday party. Amen to that. I want to hear your perspective on current political issues!