Today is one of my favorite days of the year--March 1st, the "unofficial" first day of Spring in my mind. Luckily, the weather seems to be cooperating with beautiful blue skies and sunshine.
February was a difficult month for us, but we had some good things happen as well. Here in a nutshell:
The Good
During the first weekend in February, JB and I were able to go down to Washington D.C. for a weekend getaway by ourselves. We slept, slept some more, did a little sightseeing, and ate a lot of good food.
After using the Supernanny technique for the last couple of weeks, Lewis seems to be understanding that he needs to stay in bed at night and not get out. Last night we had our best night yet...only one wake up by Lewis at 2 am and he went straight back to sleep until 6:30 am. All these wake-ups at night are good practice for the new baby.
We had our first trip to the park for the year. We have been also able to get outside a lot more, which is wonderful after having cabin fever for two months.
We have possibly decided on a name for the new baby, which we won't reveal yet in case we change our minds!
We have had several people volunteer to babysit for us this summer and fall. It looks like JB will have more time to work on his business.
The Bad
Lewis's newfound independence with the big boy bed has gone completely to his head. He loves to shout and tell us NO! all the time. We are working to correct that to "No, thank you." :-)
He has two molars coming in, which has made him one crabby little boy. But they are his last teeth, so there is hope.
The Ugly
The last week or so Lewis has been really sick with a RSV infection. He hasn't been eating or sleeping well, feels miserable, and has been coughing non-stop. We are taking him back to the doctor since he is not improving and has been running a fever since last week. We are hoping this will be the end of sicknesses for us for awhile (since I am now sick too).
3 comments:
I am so glad you guys got a get-away--those really are some of the most fun times of the whole year, and I'm glad Lewis is figuring out how to sleep in his big boy bed. I'm jealous of your great weather, and the fact that you were only "snowed in" for 2 months. It is incredible to me that I--along with 52,000 other insane individuals--deliberately live in a place with only 3 months of good weather a year. That is so insanely wrong. We can't go to a park between November and late May without freezing to death. So feel extra thankful for me today for your beautiful West Virginia weather (and those wonderful honeysuckles...so aromatic...)
If Josh and I pick out any names, we're not divulging them either!
So sorry Lewis has been ill! Poor little guy!!
Thanks for sending me your blog! I'm so glad I'll be able to follow you guys after we leave.
Post a Comment