Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Backroads of WV


Cool Springs Park, WV

So yesterday on my day off from work, JB, Lewis, and I decided to go visit Cool Springs Park, which is right outside the tiny town of Rowlesburg, WV on Route 50. It takes about an hour to get there. I thought Lewis would love it, since it is filled with everything he is obsessed about right now...tractors, trains, and old cars. Everything there is rusty. It'd be great if they could renovate some of the old tractors, but right now, they are all in a state of decomposing.
Lewis had a great time though. He especially loved the old steam engine. In fact, it was hard to get a picture of him since his eyes were constantly glued elsewhere and I couldn't get him to look at the camera.

The old train that Lewis was fascinated by.
JB by an old caboose. He was able to get some great pictures on his medium format camera. I'm excited to see them.
Lewis trying to climb up onto one of the tractors. I wasn't thrilled about this since it was so rusty. Luckily, Sandy and Lewis are up to date on their tetanus shots (JB still needs to get his).

1 comment:

Jenna Harris said...

Sandy,
I can't get FB message center to post. Email me at jennakwood@gmail.com and we can "talk".