Time to update the blog again! Hopefully I can get a minute or two and put up some pictures of Lewis on Easter.
It's been a great Spring, probably the nicest we've had in years. As a result, Lewis and I are outside CONSTANTLY. In fact, I have to actually spell the word outside, since as soon as Lewis hears it, he heads for the door. Who knows? Maybe he was tired of being cooped up inside all winter, just like I was.
We went down to Mannington on Easter to spend the day with JB's family. The following weekend, JB was assisting a friend with a wedding, so we all went down to DC together. After the horrendously long car trip to NC two weekends before, this was a mercifully short drive. I had plans to take Lewis to a farm in Gaithersburg that was showing all this old farm equipment on Saturday. However, I left my directions at home, along with my cell phone (never try to pack in a hurry, I guarantee you will leave something important behind). So, we never made it there, but we had a good time at the mall and going to a couple of parks in the area.
Lewis's vocabulary is getting bigger every day. His favorite words to say are "go, go, go", "see", "side" (outside), "shoe", and "car". In fact, I can't keep track of all the new words he is learning to say. To be a bragging mother for a moment, I can't believe that God decided to send me this delightful, sweet, beautiful boy to be my son. I feel so blessed to be his mother. :)
2 comments:
I love what you said about your son. And I want to see pictures:). I love that he gets so excited if you accidentally say "outside" in his presence. What is your work schedule, Sandy? I'm just trying to picture your schedule.
Hi Tara, thanks for your nice comment. :) My work schedule is too long and not enough time at home. :( We get up around 6:30 am, I get Lewis his bottle, get him dressed and diapered, and then I'm out the door at 7:45 am. I'm usually home by 4:45 pm and then it is "Mommy duty" until Lewis's bedtime around 7:45. We go to the park, go on jogs, run errands, etc. I have mega mommy guilt all the time. For example, when we go on walks or jogs together, I'm not exactly interacting with him, so I always worry if am I getting enough quality time in with my little boy. I really wish I could work part-time.
Post a Comment