Although it has been about six months since my last update, at least I can take solace in the fact that it is less than the almost 18 months break from 2008 to 2009.
We had a really great summer this year. Really great. In fact, I think it has been the best one since pre-kids. :) Now that they are a little older, we are starting to venture out once again. In May, we headed down to Washington D.C. to get our family pictures taken by a friend of JB's that was giving a photography workshop. In June, I took the boys with me to North Carolina to visit my family. The plane rides went fine, and it was wonderful to see my mom, sisters, and nieces. At the first of August, JB and I were able to go on our FIRST overnight trip alone since Simon was born. It was amazing. We went to Georgetown and visited Dumbarton Gardens and spent the evening exploring Georgetown and eating at an amazing pizza place. I also traveled to Boston that month by myself to help with a work investigation. In September, JB and I did a day trip up to Pittsburgh and finally were able to take the incline, visit Station Square, and do some sightseeing in downtown Pittsburgh.
Lewis started Pre-School this fall, and he is doing wonderfully! I am so proud of everything he is learning, and everytime he comes home with something where he actually legibly printed something, I get little thrills...haha. :)
Simon has learned to talk, talk, and talk and he loves to tease and be silly. He loves to talk in this deep growly voice which always cracks me up. He is becoming a better eater, has decided he is too old to take a nap, and can name most of his colors and sing Old McDonald had a Farm.
Here is a view of downtown Pittsburgh. It was a beautiful day!
I can't believe how big this kid is getting!
Or this one either! He loves to work with letters and numbers these days.
1 comment:
Horray for your post! I love hearing that things are going well, and you get to explore and travel more. It is so awesome to be able to take kids places and actually ALL have fun.
Post a Comment